Thursday, September 1, 2016

IVF Update

Last week we got the green light from RGI to start our IVF cycle. On Monday I had an ultrasound and everything looked normal. There are no cysts on my ovaries and the follicles look good. They told me to take my last birth control pill on Tuesday and to start my injections on Sunday. They just had to schedule the embryologist to come take the biopsies. Later that day I got a call that the embryologist has another travel case around the same time so they will not be available. I was told to take another birth control pill and they would call on Tuesday with an updated plan. At the end of the day they still had not heard from RGI. I took another pill and was told they would call on Wednesday. Wednesday was the same story, nothing from RGI. Finally this morning I got a call from our nurse, Ashley, saying that they had heard back from RGI!

I will take my last birth control pill on Sunday 9/4 and start the injections of Menopur and Gonal-F on Friday 9/9. I will give myself those injections for 3 days and have an ultrasound and blood work Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. Based off of how I am responding to the medication, they will adjust my dosage of meds. With the idea that I will be on the medication for 10 days total, my egg retrieval will be scheduled around 9/21.

I am incredibly lucky to have a boss who has allowed me the flexibility in my schedule to make this happen. Whenever I need to leave early or take a long lunch for an appointment, it is no problem. When we first started this process I told her how stressed I was about the whole thing. She reassured me that taking the time off from work for all of appointments was one less thing that I need to stress about. I told her today that Ill need to come in late after all my ultrasounds and she simply said :we will make it work". I couldn't ask for a more understanding employer.

Now that it is almost time to start everything I need to remind myself just to relax and take it one day at a time. We will be camping near Traverse City for the weekend and we are so looking forward to just relaxing and spending some time together. It will be nice to get away before starting our IVF cycle.

One last note:Today is Renly's first birthday and since we don't have human babies (yet!) we spoiled him rotten. I made him a pupcake (puppy cupcake) with apples, peanut butter and bacon and Brian got him a new rope toy that he absolutely loves. How did our little puppy grow so much in just a year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment