Friday, September 16, 2016

IVF cycle: stims day 7 and 8

Day 7: Thursday, September 15: poke count: 21

There is so much pressure in my lower abdomen I feel like I might pop! I'm getting flashbacks to 5th grade frog dissections. There's always a few female frogs who just explode with eggs when you cut them open...I am the frog. I feel like I have developed a waddle! Every step I take puts more pressure on my abdomen.

This rubber ball is my spirit animal


I started the Cetrotide this morning so I won't ovulate. The only difference between Cetrotide and the other injections I have done is that it is refrigerated. It took a lot longer for the powder to dissolve in the fluid with it being cold. I actually had to mix it up a bit where the other meds that I have to mix dissolve in a flash. The temperature also makes the liquid thicker so it's harder to push the plunger down on the syringe.
No change in the headaches. Still just a dull pain for the majority of the day. I am really hoping that the follicles will have grown enough by tomorrow's appointment so we can schedule the egg retrieval.  It's only been one week and I'm ready to be done with the stimulation phase!

Day 8: Friday, September 16. Poke count: 25

My 3rd appointment for ultrasounds and bloodwork was today. There are 8 follicles on the left ovary and 8 on the right. Each of the follicles range from 7mm to 15mm and they need to get to around 20mm. They are growing as they should but some of them are still small. They want me to continue with the Menopur and gonal- f through Monday, meaning I have to order more medication. I only had enough meds to get me through Sunday night so I had to order an entire vial of gonal-f just for one more dose...bummer! That stuff ain't cheap!

I have another appointment on Monday at 7:30AM and they are almost positive that I will be ready for my trigger shot at that time. The trigger will help the eggs break away from the follicle wall and make the egg retrieval easier. Hopefully this weekend will bring on more follicle growth and we can get lots of eggs next week!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment